Friday, August 22, 2008

Sindel and I are a Couple

Yes, you can rub your eyes and reread the post title…it’s true. All true.

Sindel and I are a couple. We are boyfriend and girlfriend. She is my girlfriend. I am her boyfriend. She loves me. I love her. We are in love. We really like each other. If I need to explain further, please ask.

We’ve not said anything about this at all, at least on the boards… because…well…actually, it really didn’t occur to us...I mean, we have the RP, I have college woes…and of course, being in love blinds us… but now I’m tired of it being a secret. I don’t want to keep it a secret from the people that for the past 2 years supported us and were our friends.

I suppose some of you might want to know how it happened?

Well, Sindel decided that she’d come on a trip here to Phoenix (or, there, to Phoenix, as it were), because it was summer vacation and she was bored. I had discovered that I had feelings for her after our long period of not-talking (the end of 2007) and the countless phone conversations afterwards. So, I made it my intent to tell her (if I ever worked up the guts). Little did I know that she had also started to develop similar feelings.

When she got here, I knew I actually loved her the second I laid eyes on her. She later told me that she did, too. We hung out the first day, going to the pool and then hanging at my friend Donny’s place (I actually have footy of that somewhere: if I ever find it, I might youtube it for fun). Second day is dedicated to malling and stuff, and we went to go see Get Smart (me being a Steve Carrel fan and she loving anything by Mel Brooks). In the movie theater, we both dropped hints…with little avail (both of us were apparently oblivious to the other…).

The next day takes out little adventure to Castles ‘n Coasters, a little amusement park by the same mall. We have a blast the entire day, and yet again we apparently drop hints like crazy people to little avail. Again. We must really suck at this love thing. :p

Anyway, the faithful day comes on Friday, when I take her out for dinner in the evening to celebrate her birthday (her original intended week of arrival). I give her a gift, we eat and talk, and decide to play Lazer Tag (a mere walk away from the restaurant). We walk around for a bit, and goof off while the next open game is being prepared. Again, hints are dropped to no avail. Then, during the actual game, nothing happened. It was pretty simple.

Anyway, after the game…we went to the parking lot by her car…and we talk. She goads a confession out of me (where I quote JD’s infamous “I’m crazy about you, Elliot” speech from Scrubs, I shit you not). She then tells me that she shares those feelings. We decide to become a couple, consider every day of her trip with the exception of the first as a date, and kiss. ^^

We’ve remained a couple since then. Tommorow/Today (for those on the East Coast) would be our 2-month anniversary.

Anyway, I want to thank Jim for being there for us in everything; really, Jim, you’ve helped a lot. I want to thank all of our friends and such from the Random Threads and GL in general; you’ve all helped keep me and her on the boards so that this could happen. I want to thank Namco and Nintendo, for if they hadn’t put Link into SCII, I might not be here, and neither would she. And I want to thank everyone in general for being awesome! Thank you!

Most of all, though, I want to thank my sweetie, Sindel, for being there for me and supporting me through everything. I love you, baby. Here’s to us. *kisses Sindel*

No comments: